Many of our clients at F.I.P.S. ask us why they must submit their fingerprints again on a return visit. The question is typically, “They (R.C.M.P.) already have my fingerprints, why are they asking again?”
The organization or employer requesting fingerprints from an individual, is not actually requesting your fingerprints. They are concerned with the results of the fingerprints which is the criminal history, if any. The fingerprints are only used by the RCMP to confirm your identity. After completion of service, they are destroyed. They are not kept nor searched for other purposes.
These fingerprint results will be valid for a time that is determined only by the requesting organization or employer. An individual may be requested to re-submit their fingerprints any time after 3 months.
A criminal record can prevent an individual from travelling to the USA and other countries. People, convicted of a crime in Canada, could be refused entry into the United States of America. The US and most other countries have similar immigration policies.
You can apply for a record suspension (formerly pardons). It can seal the criminal record. F.I.P.S. provides reliable service with respect to Record Suspensions (formerly Pardons), US entry waivers and Record Destructions. Our experts will give free advice to help you to better understand which service is right for you. With our help, you can gain legal entry into the US.
Record Suspension and US Entry Waivers
Many people ask the question: what’s the difference between record suspension and US entry waivers. Let’s try to explain these services.
A record suspension involves the sealing of a criminal record. No one will be able to find your criminal record even with criminal background check. So, you can easily get employment, rent a house, etc. In simple words, the criminal record will be inaccessible to anyone. Only some government agencies can get access to these records.
The Parole Board of Canada grants record suspension. Thereis huge demand for Record Suspension in Canada.
You cannot enter the U.S with a criminal record. However, an US Entry Waiver can help you in this regard. It is an officially authorized documentation that allows an individual to legally enter the country. With a waiver, you can lawfully enter US without any worries.
Digital finger printing is the electronic imaging of fingerprints. An optical scanner is used in the process. Afterwards the fingerprint is formatted in the right electronic pack. This data is sent to the RCMP’s Canadian Criminal Real Time Information System (CCRTIS). This is a relatively more efficient and new technology to collect fingerprints. This is managed by CCRITS and RCMP. These fingerprints are compared against RCMP criminal record database. If there is no match, the applicant will get a clearance certificate.
CCRIS maintains the records of criminal files of individuals. And RCMP maintains a highly efficient Central Repository of fingerprints and criminal records information.
What is the Need for Fingerprints?
- Many companies need fingerprints of their employees for background check. They want to ensure the safety of their companies by matching fingerprints with the database.
- You also need fingerprints for obtaining police clearance.
- Fingerprints are also required to obtain security license.
- People who want to apply for permanent residency in Canada or any other country also need fingerprints.
- Fingerprints are required for name change.
- For visa clearance.
- For U.S. Waivers and border crossing.
- Fingerprints are also required for employment in Municipal government, Canadian Police Force, Federal or Provincial.
- If you want to apply for Record Suspension or Pardon service, fingerprints are required.
Ink and Roll or Digital fingerprint service: Which One is Better?
The ink and roll fingerprint method is widely used. But, this method can take up to eight months. This is a lengthy process. But, there is a solution. Digital fingerprinting gives results in less than 14 days. It is done in a confidential way. Individual privacy and rights are not compromised at all.
FIPS offer reliable digital fingerprinting solutions. We will help you with our fast and affordable services. For more information please call us at Toronto – 416 663 3477 or Brampton- 905 497-3477.
Before understanding the need of Digital fingerprinting, you should know the meaning of it. This is the electronic capture of fingerprints of a person through a optical scanner. Then this scanned fingerprint with proper detail application is formatted into a standardized electronic pack and emailed directly to the RCMP’s Canadian Criminal Real Time Information System (CCRTIS). This digital fingerprinting is the new technology for fingerprinting service, which is managed by CCRITS and RCMP.
These fingerprints are compared against the RCMP’s criminal records database. If the record does not match, then a clear record indicating certificate is issued.
CCRIS work is to manage the criminal record files which consist of various criminal charges of an individual. Whereas RCMP work is to manage Central Repository of fingerprints and criminal records information.
Who needs fingerprints?
- Today with the need of intense security, many agencies and organizations require fingerprints of employees and volunteers.
- People who wish to immigrate or apply for Country citizenship they also require fingerprints with police clearance.
- Those who apply for permanent residence in Canada they require police clearance with fingerprints from the country they belong (or are citizens).
- If Traveling Foreign or abroad they require it for Visa clearance
- For U.S. Waivers and border crossing
- Employment in Municipal government, Canadian Police Force, Federal or Provincial.
- Fingerprints required for Record Suspension or Pardon service.
Ink and Roll or Digital fingerprint service
Many organizations use ink and roll fingerprints method also which take up to eight months to get the required result. Whereas digital fingerprinting can be processed electronically and in less than 72 hours you can get the result and detail information can be completed within 14 days. This process in done in a confidential manner, where proper care of individual privacy and rights are assured.
At FIPS you can find the best and latest technology in digital fingerprinting for reliable results. Our professional and experienced personnel will help you in every possible way with exceedingly fast service. For more information please call us at Toronto – 416 663 3477 or Brampton- 905 497-3477.